For more information about the WEF please visit their website at: www.woodstockeducationfoundation.org
Eighteen Education Grants have been awarded by the Woodstock Education Foundation (WEF) for the 2007-2008 school year. The following list details the exciting variety of programs funded at Woodstock Public Schools. The WEF instituted the Education Grant program during the 2005-2006 school year. WEF Education Grants are intended to benefit students and enable teachers to enhance and enrich the educational program, to encourage superlative instruction and creative, innovative curriculum development. Funding may also be used for visiting artists or professionals. A total of 33 grants have been awarded since the program’s inception.
On May 9th, the WEF will be hosting a Friday afternoon youth activity and an evening dance at Woodstock Middle School. We will be looking for chaperones for this spring fundraiser and volunteers for others, yet to be announced, so stay tuned!
Many thanks to all that contributed to our 2007 annual appeal, as well as those that purchased the WEF Christmas ornament by Woodbury Pewterers. Your generous support is greatly appreciated.
2007-2008 Teacher Education Grants
• Grade 5 Mobile Planetarium, In-house program
• WMS Public Speaking, After-school program
• WMS Piccolo Flute purchase
• WMS Bass Clarinet Partnership purchase w/ Woodstock PTO
• Grade 6 Roseland Cottage Primary and Secondary Source, In-house program
• WMS Science Fair
• WMS Newspaper Club
• Grade 6 Two day, Archeology In-house program
• Grades 5-8 Atwater-Donnelly performance
• Grades 7 & 8 Supporting materials for HNE Family Ties, Civil War & American weeks
• Grade 6 Demos ‘R US, In-house Science program
• Grade 3 In-house Ragged Hill Woods Environmental, In-house program
• Kindergarten Literacy program
• Pre K – 4 Author Jarrett Krosoczka visit
• WMS Engineering Club
• WMS Chess Club
• 4th Annual 7th Grade HNE Family Ties program: Funded through private donation to WEF
• 4th Annual 7th grade HNE Civil War Week program: Funded through private donation to WEF