Yes, times are tough, food and fuel are more expensive and yes many of our neighbors don’t make high incomes. Regardless, that doesn’t excuse us from meeting our obligations. You talk about the community as if it’s one entity. It’s not. Yes, there are about 800 or so voters out there that don’t trust our elected board and commission members. But, head’s up, they haven’t trusted them for the last 20 years, almost regardless of who is in office, exception being Mr. Wetzel.This group of voters is looking for a reason to vote no, they want to vote no, Mr. Richardson and Mr. Schultz give them a convenient excuse. And no amount of clarity or “transparency” will make a bit of difference.
With regard to the motivations of the BoE members, let’s take that offline, last time I checked you aren’t a mind reader, so don’t speculate about agendas and motives. All you are doing with your irresponsible speculation is contributing to the conspiracy theories that are so insidious in this community and by there nature are impossible to disprove.
What about the 1,000 or so voters who show up to vote during a town election that don’t show up for a budget vote? That’s who needs to be engaged.So Mr. Rosendahl, are the citizens of Woodstock better off with a YES vote or a NO vote. You tell me.
Regards, Francis L. Corden
Some advice: from an ‘RTC Friend’
1) All controversy can become good controversy.
2) Moderate yourself, moderate your rhetoric, and decide which battles are really worth fighting.
3) Continue to put education before politics. If promotion of education is not your primary motive as a BOE member you will fail at both.
4) Your role on the BOE is not to advocate on behalf of the taxpayer, but on behalf of the students. The taxpayers can advocate for themselves. You have enough to do.
5) The time and place for promoting transparency and accountability will come in small ways. You have 6 years, not 6 minutes. No need to wage a full scale pyrhiccal war on the behalf of these virtues. You risk jeopardizing their worth and your health.